Battle of Britain and the Blitz
1. The heroism of the pilots - and how close Britain came to defeat in the Battle of Britain.
2. The Blitz was GOOD for Britain's war effort, because it gave the RAF time to recover.
3. The mechanisms of coping with the Blitz- blackout/ shelters etc.
4. Did the Blitz wreck morale? Churchill and the newsreels of the time said no; Nazi propaganda (and some facts turned up by historians) suggest all was not as well as Churchill said.
5. How valid were wartime newsreels and films of the Battle of Britain?
6. How valid are fictionalised representations of the Blitz such as the film Hope and Glory?